GFX will automate end-to-end workflow, covering even back end processes like Scheduling, Capacity Planning and tightly integrating with client facing processes. By creating these back-end inventory management capabilities, we are creating strong barriers to entry for any new entrant.
GFX offers a host of benefits to the shipping lines and Shippers.
These are listed below:
- Prepaid shipments leading to lower working capital requirement
- Guaranteed space/slot utilization (no dead slots)
- Reduced sales force cost
- Centralised inventory management leading to better coordination amongst various freight traders
- Huge cost savings on cargo rolling/shut out
- Happy customers leading to better customer loyalty
- Transparency in the market and overview of competition
- Ability to dynamically change pricing based on demand/supply factors.
- Better equipment positioning and management
- Access to real-time data and market reports enabling strategic direction with ease
- Additional revenue stream – free time
Similar to the benefits to the shipping lines, the platform provides a host of benefits to the end users as well. These are listed below:
- Transparent pricing
- Guaranteed space and equipment
- Flexibility of trading the space back thus offering arbitrage opportunities
- Multiple offers from various shipping lines on the same screen thus giving a holistic view of the whole market
- Access to forward market prices in order to get a view of the freight market.
- Foreign Exchange (FX) conversion will be at market price (between the Buyer of the freight Contract and its Bank) rather than the Buyer and the Shipping Lines which always adds a buffer.